Many people only see a doctor when they're sick or have some
other health concern. On the other hand, some people visit a
doctor regularly for checkups, to ask questions and get advice,
and to maintain good health.
Which do you think is the better approach? Obviously, the
second one! The same thing is true when it comes to real estate.
Even if you have no current plans to buy or sell a home, there
are many reasons to talk to a REALTOR® regularly in order to
maintain your good "real estate" health.
For example, you can:
• Get an assessment of the current market value of your home,
so you can make an informed decision about whether to stay or
• Ask about the state of the local real estate market (which may
be vastly different than what you hear on the national news.)
• Find out what homes are currently selling for in the area.
• Learn what's currently available on the market, especially in
neighbourhoods you would like to live in and that are within
• Ask for a contractor recommendation.
In fact, it's a good idea to have a chat with your REALTOR® once
or twice a year, even if it's just to say hello.
You want to build a relationship with a good REALTOR® who
understands (and cares about) you and your needs. That way,
when it does come time for you to make a move, you're dealing
with a REALTOR® you already know and trust.
Don't have a good REALTOR®? Call today!